The 5900 Anti-Malware Engine is a yearly Engine release that will succeed the current 5800 Engine and includes the following detection, performance, and platform improvements:
- Enhancements to DAT content to improve predictability of content processing.
- A new high-performance executable packer (MPRESS) to decompress executables.
- Dotfuscator .NET obfuscation functionality for string obfuscation
- Improved support of OLE file format
- New Platform Support
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Windows Server 2016
For more information about the 5900 Engine, refer to KB66741: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66741
The 5900 Engine Beta is available from the Engines area of the McAfee Enterprise Beta site:
NOTE: Customers must register for the beta program on the Enterprise beta site to obtain the beta package(s)
Customer Feedback about the 5900 Engine beta should be directed to the Anti-Malware Engine Beta group of the public McAfee Community Forum. Customers can join the group to provide suggestions or report issues with the 5900 Engine beta.