The McAfee Anti-Malware Engine is the core component of the McAfee Endpoint and Gateway products. Using patented technology, the Engine analyzes potentially malicious code to detect and block Trojans, viruses, worms, adware, spyware, and other threats.
New Features in the 5900 Anti-Malware Engine
The 5900 Anti-Malware Engine is a yearly Engine release that will succeed the current 5800 Engine and includes the following improvements:
- Detection and Performance Enhancements:
- Improved support for Microsoft Office (OLE) file format.
- Improved unpacking of Dotfuscator and MPRESS packed files.
- Enhancements to DAT content to improve predictability of content processing.
- New Platform Support
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Windows Server 2016