• Solidcore extension 8.0.0–203
• Solidcore client 8.0.0–817
New Features added in this release:
The self-approval feature allows the user to run an application without waiting for IT approval.
The current release of the product includes the following enhancements and changes.
• The text in the banner now supports up to 1500 characters.
• Special characters are now supported.
• Links are highlighted in blue and they are also clickable. They can be placed anywhere in the banner text.
• Web URLs are detected with and without the protocol http or https, for instance www.example.com or http://www.example.com.
• Other protocols are supported with the full URL text, such as email addresses mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or FTP server ftp://ftpserver.com.
To open the links, the operating system (OS) uses the default application associated with each protocol/URL:
• For Web URLs, the OS opens the default browser, for example, Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer in a fresh Windows install.
• For emails, the OS opens the default email application, for example, Microsoft Outlook. The email address is placed in the “To” field, if available.
For more information, see self-approval feature – MAC 8.0.0 Product Guide
ePO Managed: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD26724
This release disables the inventory backup during boot time to improve performance.
• In the command line interface, enter the command sadmin config set IsInvBootBackupEnabled=1 to change the default value and to enable the inventory boot backup.
• In the command line interface, enter the command sadmin config show | findstr IsInvBootBackupEnabled to check the status of this feature.
Delaying MA initialization
This release incorporates a configurable delay for the initialization of MA. In the command line interface, perform the following steps.
• To change the default value from 30 seconds to up to 180 seconds, enter the command sadmin config set MAInitDelay =45 (45 as an example).
• To allow MA to run automatically during boot time, enter the command sadmin config set MAInitDelay =0
• To check the status, enter the command sadmin config show | findstr MAInitDelay
For a full list of changes and resolved issue, see the Release Notes: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD27221
To download Application Control and Change Control 8.0.0 HF2 go to the Product Downloads site at: https://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads.aspx