Adaptive Threat Protection enhancements:
- Threat Intelligence is now named Adaptive Threat Protection.
- Dynamic Application Containment — Adds the ability to contain a specific instance of an application.
- New McAfee-defined queries — Includes additional predefined queries for Real Protect.
- Real Protect scanner — Inspects suspicious files and activities on an endpoint to detect malicious
- patterns using machine-learning techniques. Using this information, the scanner can detect
- zero-day malware.
Threat Prevention enhancements:
- Ability to configure a Windows registry scan location for on-demand scans.
- Ability to create a custom Access Protection rule to protect Windows services.
- Management of Exploit Prevention signatures and Application Protection rules.
- Ability to display false-positive mitigation events using the Endpoint Security Threat Prevention:
- False Positive Mitigation Events query.
For a full list of changes, see the Release Notes https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD26802.
For a list of Known Issues, see https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82450.