New planned schedule
- 5900 Engine Beta 3 – January 17, 2017
- VirusScan Command Line 6.1.0 products Beta 3 – by January 21, 2017
- Release Candidate (RC) packages of 5900 Engine and VirusScan Command Line 6.1.0 products – mid-February 2017
- 5900 Engine (Elective download) general availability (GA) and VirusScan Command Line 6.1.0 products GA – late February 2017
- 5900 Engine (AutoUpdate) GA – late April 2017
New features in the 5900 Anti-Malware Engine
The 5900 Anti-Malware Engine is a yearly Engine release that will succeed the current 5800 Engine and includes the following improvements:
- Detection and Performance Enhancements:
- Improved support for Microsoft Office (OLE) file format.
- Improved unpacking of Dotfuscator and MPRESS packed files.
- Enhancements to DAT content to improve predictability of content processing.
- New Platform Support
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Windows Server 2016
Where are the Beta/RC Packages available?
They are available from the Engines area of the McAfee Enterprise Beta site:
For complete information about the 5900 Anti-Malware Engine, see KB66741: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66741